Sunday, September 29, 2013

Feeling ungrateful? Maybe you're diseased or you may just need a snickers.

Yep. I'm just an ungrateful brat these days. I really have no reason to complain, but thats all I do. You ever feel as though life will never be satisfying enough? Yeah, I do--and no, I'm not a recovering drug attic.

I just wanted a boyfriend; I just wanted a husband; I just wanted a house; I just wanted a nice car; I just wanted a full time job ... I just wanted a baby, I just wanted to be happy. I just want, want, want. And then I get, get, get, but what do I give?

Is this really the life pattern I WANT? Want? Theres that word again. Why can't I just be happy with what I have. I just scored a sweet job working with the best and brightest people.

Does anyone else struggle with careoitis? I just made up a disorder, look it up, its Latin; therefore, it is legit. Its the latin word for want. I'm diseased with wanting. (Warning, I may be contagious, continue at your own peril.

I worry that I'm going to spend the rest of my life wanting, I guess its better than lethargitis--latin word for apathy. I guess its good that I care about something, rather than just not caring about anything.

I guess I should say that I suffer from concupiscitis, thats Latin for covetous.

I mean why can't I just happily live the ideal life that was hammered into my brain from a young age: get married, have babies, be a homemaker.

Its probably because I'm a lazy git. I can't keep my house clean, cook dinner, or do ballet ... naked, in the rain ... not sure how the latter is relevant, but it sounds like it would take work.

I mean, if I was given the opportunity to be a homemaker, I'd probably burn the house down ... with the kid in it--thats an exaggeration ... maybe... I'll let you figure it out.

Maybe I suffer from inadequetitis--it means to suffer from feelings of inadequacy. I've been told my self-esteem is below par ... what the hell? How is that supposed to help me? Why don't you compliment me, not tell me that I need to stop feeling sorry for myself ... golly gee, you don't think I already know that? Pigs.

If you've made it this far in this pathetic attempt at blogging--theres that inadequetitis shining through--please share if you suffer from any of these diseases.

Its mostly likely that I'm just a hypochondriac.

3 comments:

  1. Well, my dear. It seems like a lot is happening and happened! I am so happy for you and your new job. Even though I love my program, I keep thinking about how I am still a college student with no stability in my life, and how that's gonna be the case for another 4 years. I want to catch up with you, I'll be in town for Giulia's wedding, hope to see you then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah wanting, pervasive disease of the West. I have it too, just go look in my Transformers albums on Facebook for proof. I have a picture on Photobucket that sums up your whole post nicely, although you wouldn't understand how. Simply obtaining things, house, job, children, marriage, etc, will NOT work. Contentedness, fulfillment, and peace all have to come from within, and cannot be externally satisfied. Learning to do this can be difficult, but it can be done. Heres a link to that picture I mentioned:
    http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/aaronprettyman/media/Earthbound128items_zps139c11e0.jpg.html?sort=6&o=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. K, you have a very attractive uterus.

    ReplyDelete