Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Passing out at work is fun to do


Yawn. Work was dragging the other day. I went in at 7 a.m. and I didn't go to bed till 3 the night before. How do I make the time pass by? Well the word "pass" definitely factored into how work "passed" by last Friday.

Are you looking for a way to make your job more interesting? Are you trying to make the time fly while you sit at your desk job? Are you looking to make an impression as well? Looking to get noticed at work? I have found a way to make all these things happen. All you need is a bathroom floor.

I was sitting at my desk that afternoon and suddenly felt the need to vomit. I'm a polite soul and so I jumped from my desk and ran to the bathroom. Actually, I didn't run, I stumbled, while holding onto various objects to keep me from falling.

Everything was spinning. I walked into the bathroom. My cheek smacked into a stall door, I slid to the floor. I felt like dying, I thought I was dying.

I was so hot, so nauseous and I was completely deaf. I put my head between my legs . . . didn't work; its not a ladylike position, it wouldn't work. And so I rolled to my right and lay curled up on the floor.

I was actually starting to feel better, the cold floor was making the sweat cool, I was thinking about stretching out but my peace was interrupted by a couple women eager to pee -- women are always peeing and so the bathroom is always occupied.

"Is she ok" said one woman to another (of course, as women we like to pee in pairs). This was lucky for me because as they assisted me to my feet, it required the strength of two.

As soon as I stood up I was assaulted with that feeling of death again. My deafness was replaced with blindness. I couldn't see. They walked me over to a couch. The walk seemed to last forever and by the time they sat me down I felt death knocking on heaven's door--cause that’s where I'm going. The couch felt amazing, I didn't know there were couches, always a good thing to learn. Maybe passing out was worth it?

I now knew where I could take a nap . . . oh and EVERYONE now knew who the New Media intern was. I had found a way to be noticed. I always thought hard work and innovation were good ways to get noticed but apparently laying on the bathroom floor can get you places too.

Somewhere among my dying thoughts I had the presence of mind to be embarrassed; the attention was embarrassing, the weakness was embarrassing, all of it was very embarrassing; especially, when they asked me if I was pregnant.

They were pushing to call an ambulance but I assured them I would go to a doctor immediately. I called my boyfriend; he picked me up, took me home and I slept for a few hours. I was a little loopy the rest of the night but basically fine.

So, if you want to get noticed at work, if you want to make thing more interesting then just go pass out on your bathroom floor, it worked for me.

3 comments:

  1. Starting a blog with a picture of bathroom stalls and the the words "pass" and "passing" really? Reminds me of Liar Liar when he's talking to his mom on the phone and tells her why he doesn't ever want to talk... "size, color, frequency!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an old post, but I just had a similar incident at work today (I'm an intern, too -- hurray!) and I'm totally mortified, so naturally I'm furiously googling other people's experiences to find comfort in solidarity! Thanks for the story! It's good to know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete