Friday, March 18, 2011

Super moon brings super feelings

Super full perigee moon this weekend. This will be the first in almost 20 years and there won't be another for almost 20 years. Do you know where I was the last time we had one of these?

I'm not really sure. I was 2-years-old. I was probably in Richmond, VA. Can I imagine where I will be for the next one? No idea.

I will probably be fatter, have more wrinkles. For all I know, I could be in a foreign country, covering a national crisis.

Maybe I will be barefoot, in the kitchen, with a bun in the oven -- and I'm not talking about a literal bun in an oven.

Will I be on my back, looking at the moon, surrounded by a passel of brats I call my children; or will I be in the arms of yet another lover; or will I be in Afghanistan, fearing for my life because the light of the moon exposes me to enemy eyes?

Maybe my imagination is getting away from me, but all these things could be possible . . . well kind of.

But my imagination is what comes to life when I look at the moon. Romance, mystery, atmosphere; the moon brings on so many feelings. A "super moon" will just intensify these feelings.

Wonder how crazy I will get?

No comments:

Post a Comment