Monday, February 8, 2010

I don't want to conform

Do it. Do it because you want to. Don’t do it because everyone else does. I don’t want to be a follower. I want to explore things for myself. It’s just as the scriptures say. I need to study things out in my mind. I can’t follow the opinion of the person next to me.

I want to do something because I want to do it, not because I feel pushed into it. When I keep the commandments I do it because I love God, not because society is watching me and telling me to. I don’t ever want to do something because everybody else does; although, I am very guilty of it.

Its ok to do what everybody else is doing but don’t do it because you want to conform or because society expects it. Of course there is the rule of always following the Lord’s will but if you don’t like pizza then don’t eat pizza. Eating pizza isn't a commandment. I really love cheesy love songs. I usually hide that fact but really why should I? Because society scorns being mushy? I think not. I’ll listen to love songs when I want and everyone will have to deal with it. Why should I smother myself in what everybody else likes?

No comments:

Post a Comment