Saturday, May 22, 2010

I can do better, I’m worth it


I date jerks. Who hasn’t dated a jerk? I’ve dated a lot of them. I don’t know why I fall for the jerks but I do. I don’t want that though. I want someone who wants to be with me, do special things for me. I don’t want to be “back burner girl” or “go to girl.”

I’m through with guys dating me because I am convenient. I am better than that. I deserve better than that. I’m worthy of roses, worthy of noble deeds, worthy of natural affection, worthy of love.

Screw those guys who treat girls like they’re part of their stamp collection. I’m not a stamp, so they can go lick the back of something else. I won’t be another X on their list, another story to brag about, another girl they've mislead with their manipulative lies. I’m a good girl, who (for the most part) makes good decisions, treats people right and doesn’t play games with men.

I’m worth it all. I’m worth working for. I’m tired of being the one who does all the work. I shouldn’t be the one writing the cute love notes, walking to see them, feeding them, saving them money. I’m worth more than that. I’m worth the sacrifice. All I ever asked for was a little attention, a little time.

I didn’t even get that. I realize now that I deserve more than that. I won’t feel guilty asking for time, asking for affection, asking for love. If they can’t meet my demands then they can take a dive. I do what it takes to make a relationship work, I don’t see why they can’t either.

No comments:

Post a Comment