Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Their hands

Their hands, they use their hands and take something innocent, something beautiful, something that is a part of them and destroy it.

How does a father, a mother. . . how does anyone beat, torture and kill a child? How? I just don't understand. 3 siblings are missing in Ohio and believed that their father killed them. They're under the age of 7. The corpse of a 3-year-old found in Alabama; It's believed his father killed him and the boys 4-year-old sister. Prior to this his girlfriend would tie them up and stick socks in their mouths and perform other methods of torture. You hear about a woman who stuck her new born babies in containers and kept them in a closet until the smell got a hold of someones curiosity. And then there's the woman who drowned her five children in a bathtub. . .one at a time.

What goes through these peoples minds? Is it a slow, steady slide? Have they always been twisted? There is no excuse for beating and killing a child, ever. I don't want to know whats going through their heads, I never want to really understand these people but I do wish there was a way to stop this from happening.

It seems everyday the news reports more and more deaths of children who were killed by their parents. Each time it upsets me, frustrates me, hurts me. I think of the babies I know, the children I know and tears come to my eyes at the idea of any harm coming to them.

I feel sorry for these parents who do this, I really do. But I'm filled with anger and frustration towards them too. Is there a way to make incidents like this less prevalent? Are there signs to look for? What can I do, what can we do to make things like this stop happening? Prevent these incidents? How do we prevent their hands, stop their hands, so we no longer have to bury the tortured, innocent child's hands?

No comments:

Post a Comment