Sunday, November 4, 2012

The blah of my life

It's already November. I thought I would update the blog, because my life is just that exciting.

Just a FEW more days until elections. I won't lie, I am so fidgety about all of it. I could barely handle watching the debates, and now, I don't think I can handle watching, reading or listening the news any more.

I've been listening to talk radio a lot--Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh--and the race seems tight--even thought the media loves to hammer on Governor Mitt Romney and not President Barack Obama. I won't say anymore about politics, or try not to at least, but can anyone else feel the tension sizzling in the political world or am I the only one pulling at the sweaty collar of my shirt?

Emily joined our household last week. She's been motivating me to get some family history done and do some volunteering. She managed to land a job her first day here working at City Creek's Chik-fil-a.

Brandon and I are still studying like crazy. I finally received IRB approval and can officially start doing interviews for my Thesis. I'm so stinking nervous about all of it. The moment is finally here and it only took what felt like a lifetime to get there. I guess I need to call my first source and set up an interview, but jeepers I'm nervous.

I take the GRE on November 27, then I have to start studying for my comprehensive exam, one of the final steps I take to graduate from BYU. I also have to submit applications for PhD programs. I'm still not sure if I want to go for the PhD, but it doesn't hurt to apply, right? Yikes spikes.

We both caught some flu bug this weekend and we've been holed up in the house with a headache, stuffy nose and sore throat.

We probably caught it from our friend's kids. They come to visit every now and sleepover when we have Michael. It makes his stay a lot easier for all of us and I love having the extra kids. I'm not used to having just one kid, I prefer at least three around.

Thoughts of how I will help guide my kids through life have been swimming through my head a lot recently. Michael has been a sort of ginny pig for me. He's helped me understand what I need to teach my kids, and what habits we need to have established before all em' babies start popping out of me--that won't be for a couple years, I know you people like to ask, so now you don't have to ... butt heads.

paper slide homemade slide receipt paper receiptpaper toy soldiers children hispanic
We made a homemade slide for the toy soldiers out of a roll of old receipt paper

swinging swings children playground
Michael pushing Chantel on the swing

dog warm blanket labrador lab yellow lab Tucker
Brandon likes to spoil the dog; there is a space heater right next to Tucker, you just can't see it. 

cat long cat fat cat kitty laying out
Cat loves to hang off the bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment