Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The reasons I love him: Seeing past the small things

handsome model husband sexy husband determined focused brilliant ideal Mormon contractor
How could anyone not love this handsome face? I feel so lucky when I realize that its me he loves more than any other mortal on this earth.
We fight. There are a lot of differences, annoyances, etc. I often forget the reasons I love him. I often write the reasons why I SOOO want to hate him. But, when I look at this picture of my husband, I don't want to fight anymore, I remember the reasons I love him far out weigh the reasons I can't stand him.

I think of how gentle he was last night. I lay crying in my bed. I was upset and disappointed in myself. He held me. He rubbed my back. He told me he loved me. He told me he was proud of me. He made my sadness melt away.

I was disappointed that I still hadn't heard back from schools and Brandon looked at me and said "I have a strong feeling you'll get in. How could you not?"

It was a sweet moment because he does not necessarily want me to get into a school that would take us away from his comfort zone--Utah. But his words were sincere.

Its in those sincere, giving, trusting moments that I am overwhelmed with good emotions for this man that I married. When he lays his head on my chest and confides in me, when he helps all those around him--whether he likes them or not--when he always reaches for my hand, when he talks about church.

I feel like I concentrate so much on the negative that I don't give this man enough credit. His brilliance, his dedication, his love: I don' talk about these things enough.

I feel so lucky. I feel so blessed to be able to spend the rest of my life and someday eternity with this man that I love. I must remember to remember the reasons I love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment