Monday, March 9, 2009

Dr.Jekyll becomes a jackal and attacks a pretty woman


"Pretty woman walkin down the street


pretty woman the kind I like to meet"


My theme song is Pretty Woman (not because I am vain, just look at my name and all will be clear) and recently I have put a little twist on the song. I have come up with this divine plan of how I want to find my "true love" but so far all it has only gotten me in trouble.


The plan is this: with no definite time frame in mind I plan to meet my future husband by tripping over him. Yes that is right I want to literally want to fall in love.


My plan has taken some twists and turn for the worst but hopefully it will work out. I realized recently that my plan wouldn't happen naturally. So, I have taken to throwing myself into the pathway of men. The first attempt I came out with some broken ribs because I tried it on the stairs, which I really wouldn't recommend.


The second time; however, was slightly worse because I came our with a wounded heart and nagging sensation to figure out what happened. So during this random tossing of myself into men it hasn't quite been so random.


I mean I don't toss myself into any mans pathway. I have successfully avoided any men resembling Frankenstein, Dracula or Mr. Hyde but unfortunately threw me into the arms of Dr. Jekyll.


From what I had at first found out about him he seemed like a nice guy. But if he was as good as I thought then he should have been married not in his mid-twenties and single. I seemed to think that a hard worker stood for a nice man but I thought wrong. Sometimes being alone too long with his books and work can make a man very self-centered and...weird. But still he was definitely a "lady killer."


But I can at least say--and with a happy smile--that I didn't trip the first time I met him. I actually didn't think much of him and it wasn't until I kept accidentally tripping over him with my eyes at random places on campus that I decided to take some action and assist what I thought had to be fate.


What a mistake that was. My Dr. Jekyll was on heck of a jackal. Let me define jackal for you, "Any one of several species of carnivorous animals inhabiting Africa and Asia, related to the dog and wolf. They are cowardly, nocturnal, and gregarious. They feed largely on carrion, and are noted for their piercing and dismal howling."


He came on quickly, like a jackal on a dead animal, and I accepted that thinking it was normal but then things became all too clear and I realized, slowly but surely, just what he was. He told me he was interested but there was no effort made to be with me. He truly matched the definition of jackal: he worked in groups of what I like th call jerks and he was nocturnal, only talking to me after midnight and of course he was too much of a coward to be honest about what he really wanted--a make-out buddy.


What a jackal and soon that jackal became the heartless and brutal killer I had thought to avoid, Mr. Hyde. I saw him for what he was a seemingly normal man turned into a deformed monster.


So instead of tripiing over Mister Right, Prince charming or Batman I ran into a walking contradiction. I hope that the jackal someday realizes what he missed out on. Then he can start his piercing and dismal jackal howling because this pretty woman doesn't plan to "stop awhile, take awhile, give a smile, look his way, stay with him" or do any tripping in his direction ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment