Monday, April 26, 2010

Slack lining night mare

I did the splits today…on a slack line. The whole ward was watching. I should’ve stayed back, should’ve kept to myself, kept my mouth shut, but did I? No. I walked up to the group of guys who were guffawing and fighting to go next on the slack line.

And I opened my –only occasionally-- big mouth. “I love how this seems to be a strictly male activity,” I said with a little attitude. A bunch of them opened their egotistical mouths, “you can do it if you want, no one’s stopping you.”

I wanted to get up on that slack line but I also didn’t want to be the first female and be the first female to fall. But someone had to stick up for the female population, so when the “men” said, “hey, we had better lower the slack line, if the girls want to have a go at it.” Well I wasn’t having any of that.

I realized that I really am a feminist as I rolled my sleeves back and started taking off my shoes and socks. I wanted to be a total feminist and get on that line all by myself but I couldn’t step onto a line that’s five feet off the ground.

So, I ended up using some guys knee to get up on the line and then held another guys hand while I started walking the line. Only thing is…I had to be a feminist. So I let go and the next thing I know I am doing the splits. Slack line smacked me and then I was hanging upside down, holding onto the line. It hurt, like there would be no tomorrow but I jumped up off the ground I had just fallen on.

A bunch of people in the crowd said, “Are you ok? You sure?” I acted all gruff. “Heck yeah, I’m ok,” I said. And then someone next to me said, “Do you want to try again?” Of course I didn’t want to try again. I love slack lining but I hurt. So what did I do?
I got right back on. “Hey someone get on the other side of her,” some guy yelled. “I don’t need someone helping me,” I said vehemently. “After last time, it looks like you do.” What a JERK. Well he got his come-upins because the next time I fell, it was on top of him :P

No comments:

Post a Comment