Sunday, August 30, 2009

Depression--So overrated

Whats this all about? Everyone in the world is depressed. I'm depressed, you're depressed, you're marriage counselor is depressed, that man with the sign on the side of the road is depressed, Bill Gates is depressed and even your cat is depressed.

We are all down in the dumps. Why? Is it because some braniac psych diagnosed us with it. "I am so sad and here's why......" So what? Who really cares besides you? Who doesn't get sad? Who doesn't face disappointment? Someone dies every second. Someone fails a test every 1/2 second. Somebody loses a limb every 1.5 seconds. Get off your rump, unless your part of that latter statistic(if so you can stop reading this), and do something.

Most of the people who are diagnosed with depression are just bored with their lives. Get over it. If you don't like your life then do something about it. I don't like your face so am I going to do something about it? Yes. I am going to chop it off or stick a bag over your head. Take some action, folks.

Of course there are a few exceptions when it comes to depression but YOU are not one of them. Put down this paper, put down your candy bar, put down the hand mirror you carry in your purse and go run a mile or eat a bowl of oatmeal. If you feel sad all the time then go do something about it. Do something that will make you happy. Now I am not saying "go have sex, kill your neighbor, eat a human or drown some kittens" because if those things make you happy then you really have a problem and you probably should keep seeing your psychiatrist or better yet get a straight jacket put on you and watch some Barney.

Instead I am saying that your life is probably lacking something. Now all you have to do is figure out the RIGHT thing to fix it. I know for me I thought it was man. I thought "if I have a hot guy then I will be happy" but that didn't work out. Instead I went and got an ugly one and that made me truly happy.....sike. No I realized that it wasn't a guy I needed. I needed to get in shape physically, mentally and most importantly spiritually.

So I planned an agenda. I slowly forced myself off my rump, backed off from facebook, put down the candy bar and ditched the ugly/hot guy I was planning to ensnare. I began first with the spiritual. I began to read my scriptures EVERY night and prayed all the time. I took my churhc calling more seriously, I took church more seriously and I took life more seriously. After I had ammended that situation and truly began seeing the light I moved onto other aspects of myself to work on. Eating right, exercising and reading books that make me think (no this does not mean Twilight and Harry Potter. My cat could read those they're so simple).

I made goals, I still make goals. I am so far away from being perfect it sometimes makes me cringe but it gives me something to look forward to. Are you depressed? No. Go find purpose for yourself? Forget yourself! Think of others. Find ways to make yourself better in all ways and it won't matter that you get the blues every now and then . You'll know that you will get over them so, move on and DO something. Ditch the psych and get a LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment