Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Devotional- Rob Eaton-01-19-10

I always go to devotional and I always take notes but they usually end up shoved in a binder somewhere. This time I would like to take a few minutes and actually write down my thoughts from it.

He gave us a list of seven things we can follow in the prepatory experiences that are essential for us. I really liked a few of the things that he said, they really stood out to me.

Don't take for granted what you've been given, its ignorant and rude.

Mentors- Take advantage of the opportunities that you have to work with people. What potential mentors has the Lord placed in my life? Never squander the good mentor. We have to take advantage of the opportunities when they're in the right place at the right time. I've had so many great leaders in my life that I just didn't fully appreciate. I want to appreciate those around me better. I want to understand why I am in their life. I want to follow their example and I want to be an example.

He also talked about not ignoring the corrective council in our lives. I've had soooo many friends and family members tell me that he's just not good for me and I ignored them. I shouldn't have. I should've taken their advice months ago. When a friend gives me advice I should also check out the how and why we give corrective council. I should also figure out why I am correcting anc counseling others.

When it comes to educational opportunities I should appreciate them. I need to diversify myself. I need to try lots of new things so that when a situation comes up then I can be ready to take advantage of it and be ready for it. There are so many things that are not part of my major that I want to learn. I want to learn to dance, to knit, and so much more. I should take advantage of the things offered here.

When it comes to afflictions I need to realize that they create opportunities within my life. Heavenly Father uses affliction to prepare us for other opportunities in life. Instead of asking why I need to ask "What would thou have me learn from this?"

Heavenly Father also offers us resources. He will always give us a way to escape temptation. We just need to find that opportunity. I've succumbed to a lot of temptation but I should really be using the resources he's given me to run from it.

Thats what I learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment