Thursday, September 29, 2011

My oh my, am I happy?

I'm happy. I know there is always something I can fix. But I see my plans taking me places I never dreamed to go before. My perspective, once so small and narrow, has fish eyed and everything is so wide.

Let me tell you why I am happy.

First, I am beginning to get my relationship with God back in the right place. Being away taught me that I can't do it without him and yet I also can't make him do everything for me. I think many of us have this skewed idea of what God is, what he does. We see him as this person to relieve our guilt, to fix us when we feel guilt, to chase away all sorrow, all pain.

To me, that is not God. God is God. I love God. I want to please God. And so, I've decided to do what is right, what I feel inspired to feel is right. I will make God happy. I will obey the laws and guidance he's offered us and I will let his hand guide my feet where they must step next.

Second, I am getting a great education. I started graduate school at BYU about 5 months ago. I am loving it. I never understood what truly getting an education meant. Studying has become fun, work has become an intrigue. I have all these opportunities, ideas before me and I have no idea where to start but I'm excited for the direction I will soon choose to go.

Third, I have the necessary things in life. I have shelter, food, friends. I really can't complain. I am constantly offered opportunities to serve friends and family and even strangers in ways that I never even considered before.

Lastly, I have a man who loves me and I love him. I don't love him because I need to but because I choose to. I was happy with myself before and I am just as happy now, even though I know I still must grow in so many phenomenal ways. I always look forward to our adventures together. I love the perspective he offers. I love the love that he gives me. I love loving him. I love when he's happy, when he smiles. I hope to only bring good things to his life, I hope he knows that.

The relationship has been stressful, full of predicaments and obstacles but I feel that with each day, he begins to understand that I truly want to make him happy.

Anyway, this is my update. Its broad but I feel like it suits.

No comments:

Post a Comment