Friday, October 7, 2011

Lets end it with your hand on my butt ... not.

A spit on the hand, a smack on the butt, a hug, a handshake, a smooch, a water balloon, a sarcastic comment, a high five, in a closet ... how should you end a first date, second date ... ?

I've had all the things I listed above happen at the end of a first date, except the hand spitting because if someone did that to me at the end of a first date, I'd be in jail for attempted murder.

Have you ever had a guy smack your butt at the end of a first date? Yep, I have. He was a total redneck. Honestly, it was hot at first because he was 6'3" with a good body and a forward personality but with that smack on the butt came a really old fashioned perspective on a woman's place in the world. I found out that this guy wanted to live out in the middle of nowhere, on a ranch and with a wife who would birth his babies, clean his house and cook his food. Please!

I've also ended a date in a closet. Weird. He wanted to make out in there, where they kept the hymn books and sacrament bread. Weirder. No worries, I said "no." I said to "no" to making out with this guy for 3 months and eventually said yes and then he broke my heart. I should've just walked away after the closet scene.

Anyway, back to my point. I don't think that this is the appropriate way to end a date. When it comes to a date, try doing it the right way at the end because thats what leaves the best impression, unless you don't want to leave an impression.

I guess it depends on how you know the person, what date number you are on and what you did for the date. But, lets just look at the first date.

Kiss - This has always been discouraged. I've done it but the relationship never went beyond kissing. So, maybe thats not the smartest way to end a date, no matter how thrilling and scintillating it may make things ... mmmmm there were some dates that ended this way and it was good times.

Hand shake - When a guy shakes my hand at the end of a date, all I hear is "you're revolting, I won't wrap my arms around you because you're diseased." Give me a handshake and I probably won't give you a second date. I give second dates when I know there is chemistry.

But there are exceptions to this. There are some hand shakes that have potential for future dates. I'm talking about the handshakes that seem to go on forever, with lots of implied meaning.

And, of course, I've initiated the handshake myself. I've only had to do this on blind dates or first meeting dates. Some of those guys were revolting (I intend no offense, but then again for some of them, I do).

But we're talking about guys with super chapped lips, body odor, The Penguin (Batman) characteristics, cleavage eyes and/or a revolting sexual sense of humor that gives me the willies.

High five - You give me a high five and I'll friend zone you for life. What are you? My basketball buddy? Lamo.

What have been your "end of date experiences?"

No comments:

Post a Comment