Thursday, October 27, 2011

Memories ...

Jumping as the leaves fall and you fall into the leaves. I jump and the air is cold. The springs squeak and the material stretches. We laugh as we bounce each other on the trampoline. The air grows colder. Suddenly its dark. We are called to come in. I smell the fall before I enter. The wind blows. The leaves blow, around me. I throw my arms out, I feel the fall, just as a child would.

I'm remembering. My hands are on the steering wheel and tears come to my eyes. "Fall in Maryland," its whats on my mind. More importantly, fall with my family. I'm alone in the car, just remembering and the music is drowned out by my feelings.

I love to play nostalgic memories through my mind but so often the feelings of the memory eludes me.

It seemed for once I could feel it, just as though I were there. I look out the window of my car, toward the sky and I smile at God. I am thankful for the memories that I don't just remember but the memories that I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment