Friday, October 7, 2011

Jobs

I didn't know what Apple was until I started the second semester of my freshman year in college. I had seen a few Apple products before that, but I had no idea of what amazing things had been denied me for so many years.

I didn't know what I wanted to say about Steve Jobs. I don't really know much about Steve Jobs. I know that this man brought some amazing technology advancements to our world.

But, what else do I know about Steve Jobs? I googled him. Wikipedia didn't say too much. I read a lot about his illness, about his contributions but I still didn't know WHO Steve Jobs was.

What kind of man was he? I still have no idea. But I know this, from all the posts, all the news updates ... I know that he was a phenomenal man.

It amazes me that a man who was worth billions, wasn't invincible. He died before he reached sixty. I guess it proves that no one is invincible. Patrick Swayze wasn't when he died two years ago from the same cancer. I wonder if the two ever met? Shared cancer stories?

All the money in the world can't save us from the inevitability of death. But I guess the main thing to focus on here is not the death of Steve Jobs but his contribution he had on society.

I know he gave us the ipod, the iphone the Mac computers but what else has he done? I don't know but his contributions to technology seem to be enough because all I know is that he changed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment