Monday, July 20, 2009

Life keeps going on

Mmmmm what were the highlights of my past week......I made a pie, does that count for anything? Yep it was a key lime pie, I must admit that I was a little proud. Oh man I am watching the "Santa Clause" right now. You know the one with Tim Allen? Gotta love that movie. It always brings back happy memories. I feel so sorry for Scott Calvin (Santa Clause) but I love his sense of humor!

Anyway the past week was decent but nothing particularly amazing. I did a lot of babysitting and worked at the office. Today was pretty sweet. I learned how to do Labs in the computer for pap smears, urine and blood samples...not that you wanted to know that. I find it pretty cool because I have absolutely NO medical background. As a matter of fact I am one of the least medically inclined people you will ever meet. I used to get nauseated just looking at them but my stomach doesn't clench as it did before. I consider this a great accomplishment.

I am going to West Virginia in just a matter of days! My goodness its going to be great. Family, food, scenery. Oh you should see the scenery! Old building that are chalked full of memories, walks through cemetaries at night and rolling green hills that stretch as far as the eye can see. West Virgina holds A LOT of good memories for me. For years it was our main vacation and I loved it. I love being with my family. Its great spending time with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. I always feel special when my PapPap opens up and tells me all of these amazing stories from his past.

I've also been catching up with friends from school and getting excited to go back to school. I am also nervous. I am taking on a HEAVY load too. I am working for the school paper for at least 20 hours a week and taking 16 credits. Not only am I the assistant editor for Campus but I am also Managing editor for the Brides Guide, I am so nervous!

I've also been eating healthy. I went and bought a bunch of fruits and veggies and have them locked in my fridge, in my closet. Yes, I know, who keeps a fridge locked in their closet? Well apparently I do because we have a little problem with stealing right now.

I've also been working out and I can feel some real stomach muscles coming in! So excited because no longer will I look to men for strength but myself. I have some great leg, stomach and arm muscles coming in and soon I will be able to take anyone, anywhere, anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment