Wednesday, July 29, 2009

West Virginia


Mmmmm so I guess I am kinda making my blog a little bit of a journal spot.....thats ok, right??? So I went to WV last week--in case you can't tell from the title of this--and it was stupendous!
Of course you can't say something is stupendous until you tell how it is stupendous, sooooo let me tell you....if you want....if you don't, well....STOP READING!

We left Wednesday morning. For the first time in my life I went in my Dad's car instead of my Mom's and what a trip. Of course there was no AC but the open windows made it all the better. The ride up was pretty much good scenery and awkward phone calls. Everytime we called or received a call we had to roll the windows up and then we would sit and swelter in the heat.

Anyway we reached our destination at about 5 p.m. and spent the evening chatting & catching up with everyone. Thursday my Dad woke me up at 6:30 to make our traditional doughnut run. Mmmmmm those were amazing doughnuts. Oh and the trip we made was great too, old familiar sights.....I am finally beginning to understand the layout of Wheeling, WV. Well we hung around the house after that until we went and saw Harry Potter and then we drove back to PapPap's house and spent the evening there catching up with relatives again. It was so great to see everyone.

Friday was the reunion at Benwood Park. That was a great time. Seeing all the relatives and finally figuring out how I am related to everyone was superb. I took a lot of pictures! It was great seeing my brother Joseph, after almost 2 WHOLE years. He looked very happy :)

After the reunion a lot of the relatives came back to Pap's house and we chatted and watched old movies on the projector. Saturday was another great day. My Dad, Sam and I went to a tunnel that dates back to the 1800's and took pictures of an old brewery where my Pap used to play when he was a kid. He used to climb up the elevator shaft to get in!!!

The Lego museum and then more old projector movies ended Saturday. I really enjoyed getting to see some of the relatives who had passed away before I was born. It made it more of a reality and being able to see pictures and silent movies helped me to visualize them better.

Oh ya we also went graveyard walking on Friday night. It was a small group of us, the traditional lot. Jon, PapPap and me. I about jumped out of my skin when a deer ran by us, freaky!

Well the trip home was uneventful and now I am back in MD....whoopy.

No comments:

Post a Comment