Friday, April 8, 2011

Facebook: An easy way to cheat on your significant other.

Facebook: An easy way to cheat on your significant other.

You can be talking to someone on Facebook, maybe a stranger, maybe a person you've met in passing, maybe an old boyfriend, maybe an old lover and suddenly you start feeling those feelings again, or you feel new feelings.

Whatever it is, you feel something; probably close to itching on your innards-- at least that’s how I used to feel when I would meet someone new who was hot, talented, and had potential to be my newest hearth throb. Of course I use past tense because I have this AMAZING boyfriend --that is way better than yours will ever be-- and now I resist those urges (yes, I am totally hyping up, bragging about and rubbing in your face this whole boyfriend thing)

But like I was saying, it becomes exciting. You both have profiles pictures that make you look way better than you really are, you make your lives sound like you're the President or Charlie Sheen and it doesn't necessarily feel like cheating since you're just "harmlessly" chatting on Facebook.

But be careful. It may not even start with a casual Facebook chat, it may be a comment on a picture, your status, something to set it off and there you go.

We read about how Facebook is a "self-esteem" booster. Well, how great is it that this hot man is boosting your self-esteem?

Just remember this "hot" man knows you're in a relationship or married (it is displayed in your profile info) so why is he talking to you?

All I'm saying is, be careful. Facebook can be an easy way to cheat, whether you care to admit it or not. Flirting, overly chatting with a person of the opposite gender, going throught their photos to check them out.

All of this is some minor form of cheating and I'm sure common sense tells you this. So, those of you who are in a committed relationship: (myself included :P) Be

No comments:

Post a Comment