Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Forgetting is divine

It's become apparent that when I want to forget someone or something then I can really forget them/it. I don't miss them, I don't remember them and I don't even think of them. Of course when I want to remember and miss someone I can. I only miss good people though. I only miss good people that need me to miss them and that I need to miss.

Sometimes I miss my family. They're amazing, why wouldn't I? I don't pine over them, I don't even cry over them but I still miss them. But when it comes to men I can wipe a six month relationship clean from my mind. It's such a blessing. I missed my missionary for a few weeks. He was a good guy and I'm really excited to see him again but our last summer we spent together...forgotten, unless I try and remember it.

Six months with a non-committal, mentally abusive jerk and I was upset for only a couple days. Prayers, amazing friends, family and better men made me feel better. I want to forget something from my past and I can. Sometimes it's a pain because I never remember some of the things that I want to but in truth I'd rather have it this way then remember all the crap I've been dragged through. I'm happy to block out the painful and look toward the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment