Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Why can't we just be friends and nothing more

I can't hang out or go on a date with a single man wihtout them always thinking I am interested in them--when I say interested I mean that they think I'm interested in jumping their bones (Mormon style of course).

I asked him on a date. So what? He asked me on a date. So what? I don't want to seriously date you , marry you, birth your children and clean your house. I was just looking for some fun. If I wanted to date you then I would tell you.

Men think women are bad. Just so you know [men] we don't start looking at rings after you take us on the first date. I don't even think about a second date, most of the time. But apparently men always think we are just soooo into them.

I like to joke and flirt but that doesn't mean that I want commitment. I joke and flirt with a lot of men. Does that mean I plan to date and marry all of them? I don't think so. I'm not planning to practice polygamy the polyandry way.

I've been out with so many guys. I'm a professional at showing that I'm not interested and I'm also a professional at telling a man when I want to be more than just friends.

I guess I should clarify. Maybe men get confused because I ask men out on dates all the time. I have no shame and no regret about. Most of the time I ask because they're A) you’re really hot (you'll know this is you if I take a photo of us together--there has to be proof.
B) Dating is fun and I want to establish a real friendship
C) I'm bored and you're an excuse to go eat food
D) I'm bored and I want an excuse to watch a movie
E) I'm bored and you have promise of being entertaining

I'm also starting a tally; I want to see how many dates I can go on before my college career ends --yes, I am that shallow.

Don't let my flirtatious words or actions mislead you. I just want to be friends. If you're worried that I am looking for more then ask me. Share your concerns and I will give your male ego a beating and tell you that I'm just not that into you.

Wanna go on a date?

1 comment:

  1. So i was catching up on your blog because i was hoping that i missed a happy post. Honey lighten up!!! You're so much more of a happier person than you post on here.
    I agree with the article, i just think that lately you've been kinds depressing, and that you aren't that way really. Plus i know you care more than you say you do :)
    but it seems that specifically in this one you are making an excuse for flirting with men and not meaning it. For just going on dates and doing things and not meaning it. my advice to go from this article and make a positive change? Find your passion! Don't flirt with other guys just because you can, pick the ones you like! Because honestly, that can get you into a LOT of trouble with those around you. Don't go on dates just because they ask, make them work for it. Don't try whatever, think it out and find what means most. It seems like you're trying to find direction, but at the same time you don't want to commit to something. You have too many ideas of what you could do, but no decisions.

    ReplyDelete