Thursday, November 4, 2010

Choking on love

You ever love somebody so much you can barely breathe? I choked on the last person I loved. I bit into that apple and tried to eat its core and gagged.

My lover didn’t’ catch my breath, didn’t steal my breath, didn’t rob me of breath instead he gagged me for breath. I initially could’ve spat him out but I didn’t want to let go of the tastier parts, the initial sweetness of the fruit. Inevitably he became lodged in my throat.

I stood gasping while friends came and attempted the Heimlich but I would have none of it and I pushed them away. It wasn’t until my face turned blue that I took the chair offered my and I pushed in and up until I forced the core from my throat and forces him from my life. Since then

I’ve choked a little on spit but I’ve never lost breath. I begin to doubt if someone will ever truly take my breath away. I begin to doubt if there will ever be someone that will give and take breath from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment