Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Mine forgotten, yours forever remembered

So much to say. So, I won't say
I'll let you read these words, I'll let your mind play
You'll think I mean one thing, then another
Think it has to do with each other, have to do with together
The silence. . .do you hear?
Nothing
It's how I feel, for you I mean
Used to feel so much but as freud say, my slate is clean
I'm born again, born again
Do I remember when? I don't even remember you. . .
Whose this person in my face questioning me through?
So this silence I give
Its not a second chance for us to live
For what is there to live? I don't know you
I have no interest this time, was there a time before?
You keep telling me we know one another
I should recognize you, but there was no before and definitely no after
And so I zip it up and the key I toss away
My mind is empty of you while yours is full of us, of yesterday
And you start to apologize and my eyes ask what
You begin to believe there was no us
Because as far as my mind concedes now there hasn't, wasn't, isn't
Silence, do you hear?
You don't, you won't
I walk away, my mind at peace, at ease
You're left there standing, your head heavy, the thoughts never to leave

No comments:

Post a Comment