Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I'll do anything for free food.

If you were in the McDonalds near my house last night at around 8 then you would have seen me get up--at the beginning of what promised to be a sumptuous meal (despite what everyone else says, I still love McDonalds)--and run into the children's play area.

Why did I find myself in McDonalds at 8 p.m. crawling through the greasy, grimy play equipment by myself? A bet. It all had to do with a bet. My intentions were to simply go in and buy myself a celebration dinner as a treat for surviving my internship, so far.

My friend was with me. Last week he had discovered of downfall of mine which consisted of me doing stupid things for free food. Last week he had me eat a ½ pound burger and a bunch of other things on an empty stomach. And why did I do it? Why did I eat till I felt like a horse who had eaten too many oats? Because he promised to pay for my meal.

But this isn't the first time I've taken a ridiculous bet in order to get a free meal. I like dares and bets; I like them a lot when they're doable and when I get something out of it.

Last month I got free lunch because I finished off my meal and the other half of the guy's meal who was with me. He offered to pay if I did it. What was I to do?

I always end up extremely stuffed or embarrassed but I feel no guilt for buying food because I didn't buy the food, they did.

It’s a win-win situation. They get to laugh at me and I get to eat for free. So stop trying to save face. Sometimes being ridiculous or doing ridiculous things has great results . . .like a free meal.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like me
    but why not just get guys to take you out on dates and get a free meal for just being seen with them in public.

    ReplyDelete