Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The marriage bet I will win

Its been two years since we made that bet. I don't remember what the stakes are, I don't remember what the winner gets but I'm pretty close to winning. I am going to win.

The bet was with Madison Hall, Sarah Grether, Karisa Beatty, Sage Draney, Katy Jiminez, Jessica Kriser, Michelle Bowers and myself. Of course some last names have changed since then. Over half are married or very nearly close to reaching that fate--I won't clarify if that fate is good or bad because it depends on each person and who they married.

I remember the list on our fridge, held precariously by a magnet and surrounded by marriage announcements. Sage was close to the bottom of everyone's list with my own name. Sage beat us all, or lost. I'm pretty sure the stakes were who could last the longest.

Of course I will win but I guess its not very fair because I don't want to get married. I reject the opportunities thrown my way. I love being single and free too much. I can hang out with whoever I want, kiss all the guys I want, go where I want, eat what I want, live where I want, do whatever I want. Is this selfish? Maybe, but this is my opportunity to keep growing outside the bonds of marriage.

Guess all my married friends just out-matured me but who wants to be mature? I like having fun and being a free spirit. As I venture out into the 'real world' I realize how many opportunities there are for a young, single person. If I were married there would be so many restrictions on what I could do.

I'll eventually succumb to the marriage ordeal. I want kids and I'll eventually get too old to still find hot single males my age but for now I'll continue to be wild, reckless, adventurous.

So you see, the bet is a little unfair because of course I'll win because I reject all opportunities that come my way. Looks like I'm the winner of this bet. What can I say? I never lose.

1 comment:

  1. haha! I made a bet with my roomates my first semester. They all thought I would be first- now they all are married and one basically engaged. I win :)

    ReplyDelete