Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Flying or falling?


Your heart races, you know there's a decision to be made: Make up or break up.

Do I dump this guy? What happens if I dump this guy? Will anyone be as great as this guy?

The latter has never been a question in my mind. I mean it has been, in regards to looks but nothing more. For me, it's always been break up.

I dump the guy. I move on. I find a better guy. But lately, I haven't wanted to break up. I can't think of anyone who has meshed better with me, made me happier.

Lately, it's been make up. And now, what do I do? Do I continue to make concessions or do I quit?

I could be in a hole. It could be a hole, a hole whose wholeness has not begun to crumble yet. It could be a hole that I am steadily digging into, deeper and deeper.

At the moment, I can't tell if I'm flying or falling.

I never thought this decision would be put before me. I never thought I'd have to make this decision.

I am pulled in so many directions. I must seek a greater power than my own; a power that will lead me where I need to go.

1 comment:

  1. The greater power might be saying: Hey, use your agency to make decisions and live with them.

    My free advice: Stop freaking out about everything related to men.

    ReplyDelete