Monday, May 2, 2011

Osama Bin Laden is dead.




Osama Bin Laden is dead. Now, I feel like little people (aka midgets) should come singing and dancing into the office that I am writing this in. I feel that I should have ruby red slippers on and instead of singing "the wicked with is dead," I should sing, "Osama Bin Laden is dead."

But what does this death mean for our country? It seems that every national news site is taking their own angle on one of the greatest news stories in a decade. CNN is emphasizing his death, giving the latest updates.

But my greatest concern is what Fox News is saying, "America On Guard Against Revenge for Killing Usama Bin Landen." Do we have something to worry about when we read this, ‎"Pakistani group blamed in Bhutto slaying vows to target national leaders to avenge bin Laden."

Are his suicidal followers going to come and get us? Bomb us? America is, again, their target -- I guess they always have been but I have a feeling that his follower's feelings will become even stronger and their suicidal tendencies will increase.

But, instead of focusing on this, maybe I should focus on the positive. People, all over, are celebrating this event --odd to celebrate a death-- I wonder if this is what if felt like when they announced the death of Hitler, which happened just a day before Bin Ladens death, over 75 years ago.

The main banner on MSNBC reads, "A Good Day for America" and this truly is a great day. I'm sure it brings a lot of feelings of justice to those who have lost friends and family through all this .

The 9/11 victims' families must feel a great sense of relief.

And of course there is also a great deal of focus on President Obama. It seems that the people see him in a little more positive light at the moment, not that it will last long.

But the greatest question on my mind and I'm sure on the minds of the rest of the country is, what effects/consequences will this have on our country?

No comments:

Post a Comment