Saturday, May 14, 2011

The older you get, the harder you fall . . . while on your rollerblades.

Almost a year since I fell, fell and hit my head on the concrete and ended up in the hospital. But this time, no hospital but lots of pain.

My knees kill and my thumb aches. Am I here to cry? No. I mostly just want to brag a little, again. I fell and usually I'd get up, man- up and let the dirt stay in the cuts and bleed for a while.

There were no first aid kits for the Kaitlin of the past. But it seems that I have someone to care and tend for me now. Weird.

My boy toy helped me up, took me home, and cleaned my cuts this time when I fell. He wrapped my legs and my poor thumb. I gave him the perfect opportunity to poke fun at me but instead he babied me, maybe even felt some of my pain.

I remember falling this time last year. I had started dating someone. They didn't care that I fell. They left me holding my head in the kitchen.

I had fallen on concrete, slid on my forehead and I was agonizing on the couch. I remember he offered no sympathy as I silently cried. Instead, he talked about how he might be moving, our just beginning relationship would be over. It was a few hours after this that my roommates rushed me to the hospital.

They knew I never cried and so they knew this was a big deal. I had headaches and dizzy spells for months. I received sympathy from my mother only. I never really saw that guy who offered me sympathy again. I am glad.

But this time was different. It has taught me something, taught me many things. I am in love with this tender lover who so lovingly aided me when I was in pain.

And, as usual I will be back on the blades within a week and my handsome partner will join me. Yes, not only does my boy toy play a great doctor, but he also rollerblades with his girlfriend . . . in public.

First, I need to buy some elbow, knee and wrist pads and a helmet. Ugh more money spent but hopefully worth it cause when you get older, you fall a lot harder and it seems I'm falling in more than just one way ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment