Monday, May 2, 2011

Hard to forget this moment, unlike the last

Where was I? Taking a nap. I was sleeping when they announced the death of Osama Bin Laden. Yes, I was. I had just finished working the day shift on a Sunday.

I didn't even see the text; until, I received about the most disappointing voicemail I've received, ever. It seems I'm sometimes a failure at my job. I do the work, it just seems it doesn’t' always end up online. And so, I received one of those phone calls from the boss, where they tell you how disappointed they are in you and you can do is choke up and cry.

To top it off, the boyfriend was with me and that just made it all the more embarrassing.

So, while I was feeling this utter frustration of failure, I was checking my text messages and saw that Osama was dead, finally.

I think I will remember this a lot better than I did when the terrorist's attacks happened on 9/11. All I remember is that I was homeschooling, I had just obtained braces, my youngest sister came home from the hospital, and the favorite grandparents were visiting and I didn't understand the import of the situation, but I do remember watching.

So, as you can see, I will never forget this moment in history and where I was when it happened, unlike the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment