Friday, November 18, 2011

The Sara (Sarah)'s in my life, part 2


Soup. She offered to help me drag my suitcases in after I had lugged them through six inches of snow, after I had spent twelve hours travelling.

I readily said "yes."

I didn't know that the soup and bread would soon turn into a beautiful friendship. We had spent the semester before as FHE siblings but never became close. And then, suddenly, we were sharing a room and eating soup.

And moments after we finished the soup, she was dancing to gypsy punk rock music and singing for me--Start Wearing Purple. Some of my favorite songs came from this grand woman: Rabbit Heart, Skinny Love, Manic and I, Welcome Home.

Sarah is one amazing person. With style, class, beauty, and music she expanded my knowledge and creativity in ways I never imagined.

Sarah writes music, sings and performs music. She can pretty much do anything, she's gifted.

But Sarah goes a step beyond being gifted. Her kindness to me and others has always been genuine. After breaking up with my sorta boyfriend, Sarah was immediately there to console me. I remember eating junk food in the park and flipping through Cosmo and laughing at all the ridiculous things in there with her. I remember us sitting down and making a list of things I was going to do to get over the guy who sorta broke my heart.

Sarah has chosen to dedicate her life to others, even before she graduated with her bachelors in Sociology, she was serving as many people as she possibly could.

The fondest memory of Sarah was the wedding day of our friend Sage. We were beat. Sarah and I had spent the night before packing and cleaning and we didn't finish until the next morning, right before we went to the wedding.

We ran into Billy there--I feel like I used to run into Billy a lot, places and times I'd never expect to see him. Weird.

Anyway, right after we went to Olive Garden and ran into my Stake Patriarch, who "anonymously" paid for our whole meal.

We were on a high. And so we decided to drive to Utah but then realized we were going to Montana and then realized we didn't know where we were going, we were just going. We ended up in the middle of nowhere and adventured for a while before going back to Rexburg and crashing on the floor of what would be my future apartment.

There are so many amazing, cherished memories that I have with Sarah and I hope to have more.




1 comment:

  1. I don't think I have any sarah in my life that I am close to... But it sounds like I couldn't find a better one than you already have! Yay for good friends.

    ReplyDelete